2 Oct 2011

Kitchen table debate

Here is a (slightly modified) extract from a UK government site about the concepts for this strange subject, PSHE:

Can you:

1. Understand that identity is affected by a range of factors, including a positive sense of self?

2. Recognise that the way in which personal qualities, attitudes, skills and achievements are evaluated affects confidence and self-esteem?

3. Understand that self-esteem can change with personal circumstances, such as those associated with family and friendships, achievements and employment?

Well, there's a lot to talk about. I don't necessarily agree with them all... like in number 3. I don't share some of those assumptions. I feel my self-esteem is not dependent on personal circumstance. I value myself for qualities which endure beyond personal circumstance.

What are some of your first thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment